New Fireplaces, Furniture and Grills to Meet Our More Expansive Lifestyles
According to HPBA, manufacturers are both increasing and decreasing the size and scope of their hearth, patio and barbecue purchases as they both invest more in their homes and plan for more travel in the months and years ahead.
Here’s what to expect this year:
- It’s not just about grills, it’s the whole outdoor kitchen. While grill sales and usage remain at all-time highs, customers are expanding their patio vision to incorporate full backyard kitchens, including premium counters, refrigerators, grills, smokers, stovetops and…yes…even the kitchen sink.
- Portable grills and smokers return in all styles and formats – gas, charcoal, pellet, kamado and electric.
- Homeowners do the electric (fireplace) slide. You know those fancy, long, horizontal electric fireplaces adorning hotel lobbies? They are moving into home living rooms. We’ll call it functional fireplace fashion.
- Patio furniture goes sleek. The newest lines of backyard patio furniture are looking more and more like indoor furniture – sleek, modern and minimalist.
- Cast iron in focus. While forward-looking innovations make up most of the trends, nostalgia still plays an essential role in our perception and purchase of grills. This year’s nod to the past is a return to cast iron – whether its increased sales for cast iron skillets or griddles, or grills that either feature cast iron finishes, or have deep black exteriors that mimic the always dependable and hard-working cast iron materials.
Get ready for the best year of grilling and outdoor living yet! Head to hpba.org for more inspiration and insights.